Ebony wood handle Laguiole Damascus knife
Damascus Ebony wood handle Laguiole collector's knife with leather case (with a belt clip) :
The Damascus blade, made with layers of superimposed steel and carbon hot worked, makes each blade a uniquely designed one-off model.
Ebony wood handle strong and high density.
guaranteed hand-crafted in France, with a numbered certificate of authenticity
Each model is unique!
Product customizationDon't forget to save your customization to be able to add to cart
Black ebony wood handle Damascus collector's knife
- 8 mm thick per plate.
- "Shepherd's cross" inlay stamped on the handle
- Open length: 21.5 cm (12 cm closed) – 90/100gr
- Ebony wood handle - strong wood, with Damascus steel blade
- Blade: Swedish twisted stainless Damascus steel, 160 layers, long-lasting, inlaid in the metal structure
- Hardness: 56 HRC
- Spring: fitted with a blade-stop and the solid Laguiole bee, hammer forged and fully hand-chased (guilloched). 3 mm thick stainless steel, tempered and polished interior
- Plates and bolsters: solid stainless steel - 1.2 mm thick
- Finishing and polishing: plates, blade, interior spring fully chased and matt polished.
Recommendation: it is preferable not to engrave a Damascus steel blade
All our blades are fine millstone sharpened by a qualified cutler. The quality of the steel, the triangular grinding and the polishing will make it easier for you to keep your knives sharp and ensure that they continue to cut true.
The springs and blades are put in a kiln heated to over 1,000°, before being rapidly cooled. Depending on the part (spring, blade, etc.) and its makeup (carbon steel, stainless steel), the tempering varies (temperature, oil / water / air, etc.).
The tempered parts (here the springs) are plunged into an oil bath in order to give them strength and flexibility. The blades are then "marbled/billées", controlling the hardness expressed on the Rockwell scale (HRC).
Our Swedish 14C28 Sandvik stainless steel blades have a hardness of 56 HRC.
All our springs are forged and chased ("guilloched") with a file in a vice. They all have a blade-stop.
All the bees are filed twice: before assembly and before the quality control stage.
All our blades are very carefully ground and polished twice with buffalo hide by professionals: this guarantees outstanding quality and a fine cutting edge for you.
The LAGUIOLE added extra: express after-sales service - secure delivery - numbered certificate of authenticity
LAGUIOLE handmade guarantee, with certificate of authenticity - LAGUIOLE Collection - Handmade - Handcrafted in Auvergne.
These Laguiole knives, handcrafted , are available to you in a wide range of prestigious, precious and elegant woods. These bespoke creations represent the result of meticulous work.
- Extended length
- Lame : acier Damas suédois inoxydable et torsadé 160 couches durables dans le temps
- Handmade products made in France
- Handle material