Horn tip sommelier knife
The genuine LAGUIOLE Corkscrew knife - Horn tip sommelier collector's knife (full horn)
guaranteed hand-crafted in France, with a numbered certificate of authenticity
Each model is unique.
Product customizationDon't forget to save your customization to be able to add to cart
Horn tip sommelier Corkscrew knife
- Laguiole knife - horn tip handle - guyane origin
- 8 mm thick per plate.
- "Shepherd's cross" inlay stamped on the handle
- Open length: 21.5 cm (12 cm closed) – 90 gr
- Blade: 12C27 Swedish stainless steel, 3 mm thick at the butt
- Hardness: 56 Hr
- Option for special RWL 3 4 stainless steel (60 HRC) – contact us (benefit: longer-lasting sharpness)
- Plates and bolsters: solid stainless steel - 1.2 mm thick
- Very strong and easy-to-open corkscrew with a 5-spiral 8mm diameter worm in tempered and polished stainless steel - setting the standard for folding corkscrews
- Delivery with shammy case
The springs and blades are put in a kiln heated to over 1,000°, before being rapidly cooled. Depending on the part (spring, blade, etc.) and its makeup (carbon steel, stainless steel), the tempering varies (temperature, oil / water / air, etc.).
The tempered parts (here the springs) are plunged into an oil bath in order to give them strength and flexibility. The blades are then "marbled/billées", controlling the hardness expressed on the Rockwell scale (HRC).
Our Swedish 12C27 Sandvik stainless steel blades have a hardness of 56 HRC.
All our springs are forged and chased ("guilloched") with a file in a vice. They all have a blade-stop.
All the bees are filed twice: before assembly and before the quality control stage.
All our blades are very carefully ground and polished twice with buffalo hide by professionals: this guarantees outstanding quality and a fine cutting edge for you.
The LAGUIOLE added extra: express after-sales service - secure delivery - numbered certificate of authenticity.
LAGUIOLE handmade guarantee, with certificate of authenticity - LAGUIOLE Collection - Handmade - Handcrafted in Auvergne.
- Extended length
- swedish stainless steel blade 12c27, thickness 3mm at the heel
- delivered with chamois leather pouch
- Handmade products made in France
- corkscrew knife and saber
- Handle material