Curly birch sommelier knife
The genuine LAGUIOLE Corkscrew knife - Curly birch sommelier collector's knife, wood Finland
guaranteed hand-crafted in France, with a numbered certificate of authenticity
Each model is unique.
Product customizationDon't forget to save your customization to be able to add to cart
Curly birch Corkscrew knife
- Laguiole knife - curly birch wood handle - guyane origin
- 8 mm thick per plate.
- "Shepherd's cross" inlay stamped on the handle
- Open length: 21.5 cm (12 cm closed) – 90 gr
- Blade: 12C27 Swedish stainless steel, 3 mm thick at the butt
- Hardness: 56 Hr
- Option for special RWL 3 4 stainless steel (60 HRC) – contact us (benefit: longer-lasting sharpness)
- Plates and bolsters: solid stainless steel - 1.2 mm thick
- Very strong and easy-to-open corkscrew with a 5-spiral 8mm diameter worm in tempered and polished stainless steel - setting the standard for folding corkscrews
- Delivery with shammy case
Made the old, all our blades are fine millstone sharpened by a qualified cutler. The quality of the steel, the triangular grinding and the polishing will make it easier for you to keep your knives sharp and ensure that they continue to cut true.
The springs and blades are put in a kiln heated to over 1,000°, before being rapidly cooled. Depending on the part (spring, blade, etc.) and its makeup (carbon steel, stainless steel), the tempering varies (temperature, oil / water / air, etc.).
The tempered parts (here the springs) are plunged into an oil bath in order to give them strength and flexibility. The blades are then "marbled/billées", controlling the hardness expressed on the Rockwell scale (HRC).
Our Swedish 12C27 Sandvik stainless steel blades have a hardness of 56 HRC.
All our springs are forged and chased ("guilloched") with a file in a vice. They all have a blade-stop.
All the bees are filed twice: before assembly and before the quality control stage.
All our blades are very carefully ground and polished twice with buffalo hide by professionals: this guarantees outstanding quality and a fine cutting edge for you.
The LAGUIOLE added extra: express after-sales service - secure delivery - numbered certificate of authenticity.
LAGUIOLE handmade guarantee, with certificate of authenticity - LAGUIOLE Collection - Handmade - Handcrafted in Auvergne.
- Extended length
- swedish stainless steel blade 12c27, thickness 3mm at the heel
- delivered with chamois leather pouch
- Handmade products made in France
- corkscrew knife and saber
- Handle material