Mammoth tooth Damascus collector's knife - inner molar
The ultimates, the top of genuine french Laguiole knife, hancrafted. Fossil Mammoth tooth - inner molar - from Alaska or Sibéria. Damascus blade.
Guaranteed old-fashioned hand-made by our cutler, qualified Master Craftsman.
Comes with numbered certificate of authenticity
Each model is unique.
Laguiole knife with handle made from the inner part of the molar, hence a magnificent natural and organic structure of fossilized mammoth ivory. Blade of Damascus, delivered in its wooden box
- Mammoth fossil molar - tooth - handle Laguiole knife
- Damascus steel blade
- 8 mm thick per plate.
- Open length: 22cm (12 cm closed) – 125gr
- Blade: Swedish twisted stainless Damascus steel, 160 layers, long-lasting, inlaid in the metal structure
- Hardness: 56 HRC
- Spring: fitted with a blade-stop and the solid Laguiole bee, hammer forged and fully hand-chased (guilloched). 3 mm thick stainless steel, tempered and polished interior
- Plates and bolsters: solid stainless steel - 1.2 mm thick
- Finishing and polishing: plates, blade, interior spring fully chased and matt polished.
- no engraving
Presentation: delivered with wooden presentation giftbox
it is not possible to engrave a Damascus steel blade mammoth
The springs and blades are put in a kiln heated to over 1,000°, before being rapidly cooled. Depending on the part (spring, blade, etc.) and its makeup (carbon steel, stainless steel), the tempering varies (temperature, oil / water / air, etc.).
The tempered parts (here the springs) are plunged into an oil bath in order to give them strength and flexibility. The blades are then "marbled/billées", controlling the hardness expressed on the Rockwell scale (HRC).
Our Swedish 12C27 Sandvik stainless steel blades have a hardness of 56 HRC.
All our springs are forged and chased ("guilloched") with a file in a vice. They all have a blade-stop.
All the bees are filed twice: before assembly and before the quality control stage.
All our blades are very carefully ground and polished twice with buffalo hide by professionals: this guarantees outstanding quality and a fine cutting edge for you.
The LAGUIOLE added extra: express after-sales service - secure delivery - numbered certificate of authenticity
LAGUIOLE handmade guarantee, with certificate of authenticity
LAGUIOLE Collection - Handmade - Handcrafted in Auvergne.
These Laguiole knives, handcrafted, have been producing since the 1920s, are available to you in a wide range of prestigious, precious and elegant woods. These bespoke creations represent the result of meticulous work.
Delivered with certificate of guarantee and authenticity.
- Extended length
- Lame : acier Damas suédois inoxydable et torsadé 160 couches durables dans le temps
- Handmade products made in France
- Handle material