Amboina burl Laguiole Damascus knife with leather case
Amboina burl Damascus Laguiole collector's knife. The Damascus blade, made with layers of superimposed steel and carbon hot worked, makes each blade a uniquely designed one-off model.This model with with species are rare and thin, and slightly fragrant.
guaranteed hand-crafted in France, with a numbered certificate of authenticity
Each model is unique.
Product customizationDon't forget to save your customization to be able to add to cart
Amboina burl wood handle Laguiole knife, Damascus steel blade, with leather case (with a belt clip)
- 1st grade Amboina burl wood
- 8 mm thick per plate.
- "Shepherd's cross" inlay stamped on the handle
- Open length: 21.5 cm (12 cm closed) – 90/100gr
- Amboina wood handle, with Damascus steel blade
- Blade: Swedish twisted stainless Damascus steel, 160 layers, long-lasting, inlaid in the metal structure
- Hardness: 56 HRC
- Spring: fitted with a blade-stop and the solid Laguiole bee, hammer forged and fully hand-chased (guilloched). 3 mm thick stainless steel, tempered and polished interior
- Plates and bolsters: solid stainless steel - 1.2 mm thick
- Finishing and polishing: plates, blade, interior spring fully chased and matt polished.
Recommendation : it is preferable not to engrave a Damascus steel blade
quality :Made the old, all our blades are fine millstone sharpened by a qualified cutler. The quality of the steel, the triangular grinding and the polishing will make it easier for you to keep your knives sharp and ensure that they continue to cut true.
The tempered parts (here the springs) are plunged into an oil bath in order to give them strength and flexibility. The blades are then "marbled/billées", controlling the hardness expressed on the Rockwell scale (HRC).
Our Swedish 12C27 Sandvik stainless steel blades have a hardness of 56 HRC.
All our springs are forged and chased ("guilloched") with a file in a vice. They all have a blade-stop.
All the bees are filed twice: before assembly and before the quality control stage.
All our blades are very carefully ground and polished twice with buffalo hide by professionals: this guarantees outstanding quality and a fine cutting edge for you.
The LAGUIOLE added extra: express after-sales service - secure delivery - numbered certificate of authenticity
LAGUIOLE handmade guarantee, with certificate of authenticity
LAGUIOLE Collection - Handmade - Handcrafted in Auvergne.
These Laguiole knives, handcrafted by Fontenille Pataud, which has been producing them since the 1920s, are available to you in a wide range of prestigious, precious and elegant woods. These bespoke creations represent the result of meticulous work.
We can also personalize them, engraving your name or message, etc. If you would like other versions of Laguiole knives with handles made of wood, horn or other noble or rare materials that you cannot see on our site, or options with a corkscrew, please contact us on +33 810.410.120 during office hours (spécifier pour des étrangers?/) - cost of a local call.
The engraving on the handle is recommended. There is too little visibility and relief on the Damascus blade with alloy steel / carbon.
Delivered with numbered certificate of guarantee and authenticity.
- Extended length
- Lame : acier Damas suédois inoxydable et torsadé 160 couches durables dans le temps
- Handmade products made in France
- Handle material