Damascus collector's knife, ébony and bone
The ultimates, the top of french Laguiole knife, hancrafted. ebony wood handle, and bone ! damascus 200 layers blade
guaranteed hand-crafted in France, with numbered certificate of authenticity
Each model is unique.
The handle is madeebony wood handle, and bone. Damascus 200 layers blade
- Damascus steel blade 14C28 Sandvik
- 8 mm thick per plate.
- Open length: 22 cm (12 cm closed) – 90/100gr
- Blade: Swedish twisted stainless Damascus steel, 200 layers, long-lasting, inlaid in the metal structure
- Hardness: 56 HRC
- Spring: fitted with a blade-stop and the solid Laguiole bee, hammer forged and fully hand-chased (guilloched). 3 mm thick stainless steel, tempered and polished interior
- Plates and bolsters: solid stainless steel - 1.2 mm thick
- Finishing and polishing: plates, blade, interior spring fully chased and matt polished.
Recommendation : it is preferable not to engrave a Damascus steel blade
The springs and blades are put in a kiln heated to over 1,000°, before being rapidly cooled. Depending on the part (spring, blade, etc.) and its makeup (carbon steel, stainless steel), the tempering varies (temperature, oil / water / air, etc.).
The tempered parts (here the springs) are plunged into an oil bath in order to give them strength and flexibility. The blades are then "marbled/billées", controlling the hardness expressed on the Rockwell scale (HRC).
Our Swedish 14C28 Sandvik stainless steel blades have a hardness of 56 HRC.
All our springs are forged and chased ("guilloched") with a file in a vice. They all have a blade-stop.
All the bees are filed twice: before assembly and before the quality control stage.
All our blades are very carefully ground and polished twice with buffalo hide by professionals: this guarantees outstanding quality and a fine cutting edge for you.
LAGUIOLE handmade guarantee, with certificate of authenticity
LAGUIOLE Collection - Handmade - Handcrafted in Auvergne.
These Laguiole knives, handcrafted by Vent d'Aubrac, are available to you in a wide range of prestigious, precious and elegant woods. These bespoke creations represent the result of meticulous work.
We can also personalize them, engraving your name or message, etc. If you would like other versions of Laguiole knives with handles made of wood, horn or other noble or rare materials that you cannot see on our site, or options with a corkscrew, please contact us on +33 810.410.120 during office hours (spécifier pour des étrangers?/) - cost of a local call.
The engraving on the handle is recommended. There is too little visibility and relief on the Damascus blade with alloy steel / carbon.
Delivered with numbered certificate of guarantee and authenticity.
- Extended length
- Lame : acier Damas suédois inoxydable et torsadé 160 couches durables dans le temps
- Handmade products made in France
- Handle material